Find a roofer in Unionville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Unionville
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Unionville, NY
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Unionville, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Unionville, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.