Find a roofer in Uniondale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Uniondale
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the correct occasion to book a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal rate charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good time for roofing projects?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Uniondale, NY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Uniondale, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.