Find a roofer in Trumansburg, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Trumansburg, New York
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Trumansburg, New York. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.