Find a roofer in Tomkins Cove, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Tomkins Cove, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Tomkins Cove, New YorkHome // New York // Tomkins Cove
Roofing Maintenance Services in Tomkins Cove, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Tomkins Cove, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Tomkins Cove, New York. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.