Find a roofer in Tillson, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate time for roofing work?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to restore a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Tillson, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Tillson, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.