Find a roofer in Thiells, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Thiells, New York
If you need roofing maintenance services in Thiells, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.