Find a roofer in Tappan, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Tappan
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Tappan, NY. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Tappan, NY
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Tappan, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.