Find a roofer in Suffern, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Suffern
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofing specialists typically charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the usual price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Suffern, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Suffern, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.