Find a roofer in Stormville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard cost charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I plan to have roofers come out?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Stormville, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Stormville, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.