Find a roofer in Stony Point, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stony Point, New YorkHome // New York // Stony Point
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Stony Point, New York
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Stony Point, New York. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.