Find a roofer in Staten Island, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Staten Island, New YorkRoofing // New York // Staten Island
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical rate charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to repair the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good time for roofing work?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Staten Island, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Staten Island, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Staten Island, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your property today.