Find a roofer in Staten Island, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Staten Island, New YorkHome // New York // Staten Island
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Staten Island, New York
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Staten Island, New York, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.