Find a roofer in Staatsburg, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Staatsburg, NY. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Staatsburg, NY
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Staatsburg, NY, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.