Find a roofer in South Salem, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the right occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near South Salem, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in South Salem, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in South Salem, NY. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house right away.