Find a roofer in South Richmond Hill, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Richmond Hill, New YorkHome // New York // South Richmond Hill
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near South Richmond Hill, New York
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in South Richmond Hill, New York. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.