Find a roofer in South Glens Falls, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near South Glens Falls, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in South Glens Falls, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.