Find a roofer in Somers, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is good for roofing services?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Somers, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Somers, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.