Find a roofer in Sodus Point, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I schedule to have roofers come out?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Sodus Point, New York. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Sodus Point, New York
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sodus Point, New York. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.