Find a roofer in Smithtown, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Smithtown, New YorkHome // New York // Smithtown
Roofing Maintenance Services near Smithtown, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Smithtown, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Smithtown, NY. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.