Find a roofer in Skaneateles, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what cost will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What sort of prices are related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Skaneateles, NY. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Skaneateles, NY
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Skaneateles, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.