Find a roofer in Shoreham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Shoreham
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for roofing projects?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Shoreham, NY. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Shoreham, NY
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Shoreham, NY. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.