Find a roofer in Shirley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Shirley, New York. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Shirley, New YorkHome // New York // Shirley
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Shirley, New York
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shirley, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.