Find a roofer in Selden, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Selden, New YorkRoofing // New York // Selden
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to build a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Selden, New York. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost does a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs related to fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Selden, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Selden, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Selden, New York. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.