Find a roofer in Schoharie, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Schoharie, NY. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Schoharie, NY
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Schoharie, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.