Find a roofer in Scarsdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofing contractors come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Scarsdale, NY
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Scarsdale, NY, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.