Find a roofer in Savannah, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the ideal time to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofing experts per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Savannah, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Savannah, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.