Find a roofer in Salem, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
At which point should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Salem, NY
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Salem, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Salem, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.