Find a roofer in Salem, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to fix a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Salem, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Salem, NY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.