Find a roofer in Salem, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Salem, New York. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Salem, New York
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Salem, New York, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.