Find a roofer in Saint James, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Saint James, New YorkHome // New York // Saint James
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Saint James, New York
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Saint James, New York, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.