Find a roofer in Saint Albans, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Saint Albans, New YorkHome // New York // Saint Albans
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Saint Albans, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Saint Albans, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.