Find a roofer in Rome, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book an appointment for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Rome, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Rome, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Rome, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Rome, NY. Find the right contractor for your home today.