Find a roofer in Rome, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the perfect time for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it take to get a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Rome, NY. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Rome, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Rome, NY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.