Find a roofer in Rock Hill, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Rock Hill, NY
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rock Hill, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.