Find a roofer in Richmond Hill, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Richmond Hill, NY. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Richmond Hill, New YorkHome // New York // Richmond Hill
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Richmond Hill, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Richmond Hill, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.