Find a roofer in Rexford, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Rexford, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Rexford, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.