Find a roofer in Rexford, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to repair a roof top?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Rexford, New York
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Rexford, New York. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.