Find a roofer in Redwood, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What rate can be expected for roof maintenance services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Redwood, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Redwood, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.