Find a roofer in Queens Village, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Queens Village, New York. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Queens Village, New YorkHome // New York // Queens Village
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Queens Village, New York
If you need roofing maintenance services in Queens Village, New York, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.