Find a roofer in Purchase, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Purchase, New YorkHome // New York // Purchase
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Purchase, NY
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Purchase, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.