Find a roofer in Port Jervis, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Port Jervis, NY. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Port Jervis, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Port Jervis, NY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.