Find a roofer in Port Jefferson, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Port Jefferson, New YorkHome // New York // Port Jefferson
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Port Jefferson, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Port Jefferson, New York. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.