Find a roofer in Point Lookout, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Point Lookout, New YorkHome // New York // Point Lookout
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Point Lookout, NY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Point Lookout, NY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.