Find a roofer in Pleasantville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Pleasantville
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate time for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Pleasantville, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Pleasantville, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Pleasantville, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.