Find a roofer in Pittsford, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is good for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Pittsford, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Pittsford, New York. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.