Find a roofer in Philmont, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Philmont, NY. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to fix a roof top?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Philmont, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Philmont, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Philmont, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.