Find a roofer in Philadelphia, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is ideal for a roof job?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to build a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Philadelphia, New York. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Most roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Philadelphia, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Philadelphia, New York. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.