Find a roofer in Philadelphia, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Philadelphia, NY. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Philadelphia, NY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Philadelphia, NY, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.