Find a roofer in Phelps, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Phelps, NY. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the right occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to repair a roof top?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Phelps, NY
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Phelps, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Phelps, NY. Find the right contractor for your home right away.