Find a roofer in Peterboro, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Peterboro, New York. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Peterboro, New York
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Peterboro, New York. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.